Love-Hate Relationship

Football and I have a love-hate relationship. I never really cared much for football when I was younger. I grew up in a family of hockey and baseball fans. We watched football, but not to the extent that my husband does. 

When I first met my husband, I quickly discovered his love for sports. We watched A LOT of sports in the beginning. Golf, baseball, hockey, basketball, soccer, UFC and even tennis at times. But Football is, and always has been different. He lights up like a kid on Christmas when the season starts-It's really funny! The hate part of my relationship with football comes abiout mid season. All the 'good' players start to end up on the injured list, his beloved team The Patriots start to 'stink' as he so lovingly will comment, and his mood shifts. Happy Sundays have suddenly become not so happy. Stress starts to set in as the season is coming to a close. Will the Pats make it to the play offs? Will they make it to the AFC championship? Will the players stay healthy? Will they make it to the Super Bowl......I think you catch my drift. I feed off that stress and goodness knows I do NOT need any more stress!!!! 

I'm sure you're wondering where the love portion of my relationship comes into play. For me, its the food, YUP I said it..the food! What do you think of when you hear football snacks? I think of Nachos, wings, sliders, chips and dip, cutsie little football shaped foods.....I'm excited just talking about it! I know most of these things are not your 'healthiest' food choices, but its alright in moderation right😉? As most of you know, this Sunday is the Super Bowl, so for us, we chose to break our 'healthy eating plan' (sounds better than diet right?) and get our football snacking on!! Our team is in the Super Bowl so we have to celebrate! Curious about the menu? Boneless wings, LOADED Nachos and pretzel bites (Using a 2 ingredient dough! You read that right...only TWO ingredients!). Out of those three snacks, my fave has to be the nachos. (I’ll be sure to share a photo of those come Sunday!) Basically anything with melted cheese makes me so happy! 

So there you have it. Football and I will always have a rocky relationship, but that's ok. It makes my husband happy...and stressed...but mostly happy. And I get to visit my Football snacks pin board over on Pinterest.com and test out my amateur culinary skills! 




Some football snacks made by yours truly! 
                                                      
I made these cute football chocolate 
covered strawberries a few years back for a super bowl party—they were a huge hit!    
My first time making sliders! Also for a Super Bowl party. I remember looking for
 Patriots themed tooth picks but could only find these colorful little swords. They worked!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling all Mom's of Picky Eaters!

Sometimes Mom's Struggle, and That's OK.

Have You Heard??